Welcome to the 2024 MA/TAB Tryouts!
To ensure that every child gets the most out of our programs, we carefully vet applicants to tailor the experience. For ages 2-24, we are accepting video applications. Please see below for details:
If it’s more convenient for you, you can also tag @tab_snow on social media, and we’ll see your application there.
SB Park Check list;
For those familiar with Thredbo, here’s what we’re looking for in terms of skills for SB park.
- Solid Switch Riding: Comfort with riding, landing, and taking off switch, even on smaller features.
- Grabs on Bigger Jumps: Demonstrate your ability to execute grabs on larger jumps.
- Street Style Rails: Proficiency in 50-50s on street-style rails.
- Board Slides: Attempt board slides on boxes, and if you’ve tried front boards, that’s a plus.
- Trick Knowledge: We appreciate a basic knowledge of tricks and being able to speak the lingo.
- All-Mountain Skills: Display competence in all-mountain skills, including edge control and body awareness.
For skill development, consider using trampolines and Snowboard Addictions to learn movements and tricks before reaching the MA level.
Please note that we won’t be as strict with Micro Groms aged 8-11 regarding these skills. However, applicants aged 12-17 will be more closely scrutinized.
SBX Skills Check List
- carving (round turns, symmetrical, aiming for pencil line)
- Switch carving (same as carving but more leniency)
- Edge rolls (keeping the body aligned with the board using lower joints, minimal movement of the upper body)
- Freeride (blue to black terrain comfortably off-piste)
- Pumping (rollers or goat track, showing fast feet/fore aft movements)
- Any race footage (not essential if doing on snow tryouts)
- Small-medium sized jumps (Merritts, showing comfortability in the air)
We look forward to your applications and the opportunity to see you on the slopes!
Free ski park checklist
For those familiar with Thredbo, here’s a list of skills that we are looking from
- A good, positive respectful attitude.
- Coachability: communication, listening skills and a willingness to try and
- Skiing: general ski ability. Show that you can ski the mountain with good
stance and balance.
- Link 4 to 8 carved turns on any terrain.
- Basic switch skiing, linking 4 to 8 switch turns on any terrain.
- Basic park skills: A basic jump on natural terrain (out of the park)
- Demonstrate basic rotation (180 or 360)
- demonstrate an ability to execute a grab.
- Attempt frontside (sideways slide) on basic box or rail.
- Trick Knowledge: We appreciate a basic knowledge of tricks and being
able to speak the lingo.
For skill development, consider using trampolines and; or Ski Addictions to learn
movements and tricks to reach the MA level.
NB: There will be leniency with Micro Groms aged 8-11 regarding these skills.
However, applicants aged 12-17 will likely be scrutinised more closely.